• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Licik/Misty - A. Aculeatus? - Jocco's Pus

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
You are seeing classic symptoms of senescence. Some animals last for weeks, others only a day after symptoms are observed. The clouded eye is also common. The fact that she is still eating is unusual and usually (though I have had a female of another species that did not) you would have seen eggs (even if she had never mated) before senescence was obvious.

Jocco

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
No eggs. None. Not yet anyway.

Maybe Misty is a Mister?

I've wondered this a lot. Always 1 arm is curled. Idk if it's the correct arm. And I feel you would have said so by now lol.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I suspect Mister IS a Mister. I went back through the journal and found (post #97 on page 5) where you mentioned seeing an arm curled but I must have missed the post or my response disappeared (I had some problem with that at one time - reason unknown). The agitated restlessness is very common for males and on the rare occasion that females live past brood expected hatching. It is longer for males than the few females that survive that long.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catifshconnoisseur

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak