• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

LFS's stink!

Check out www.Caudata.org for links to find Axolotls. I have a pair I got at the LFS for an arm & leg before I looked for them. Cute little buggers, but you will need a chiller in Florida as they prefer temps 70 and below.

XenoMorph2049 said:
OK. Ive had those. Voracious eaters. I used one along with 15 goldfish to cycle one of my tanks. The golds were cut down to three over night! And he liked to jump out of the tank! The budgett frogs look mean but no one around here carries them. My xenopus was mistaken for a african dwarf and grew VERY quickly. I would also like to find an ?oxylotl? but cant be found around here either. Kinda like a water dog but.........diffrent I cant explain it but they are cool.

cthulhu77 said:
Nice frogs! There was a plethora of axolotls in town last year...interesting, but I have a black thumb when it comes to amphibs ! (nobody can kill a red eye tree frog faster than me...)
Greg

I bet I can! Though some of them look quite cool, I have this irrational hatred for amphibs too though I love reptiles.

Ive never had much in the line of trouble with amph's, with the exception of a few fire belly newts that were excape artist. I had a colony of about 8 or so green tree frogs I caught locally, and I kepts them in perpetuall mating season. It worked great to put you to sleep. :mrgreen:
I have yet to get a red eye yet. I have read that most red eyed tree frogs are actually red eyed leaf frogs. The true red eye tree frogs are a rareity only found in one place. The key to telling the difference is the pupil. Ones vertical while the others is horizontal. Other than that there identical. I think one of the biggest problems is the temp. I had a friend who couldnt keep any amph's because his household temp fluctuated insanely.

well, i was supposed to get more last week but the weather here has been too cold to send stuff overnight.. maybe next week... more frogs obviously LOLl

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back