Let's play... 6 degrees to a ceph!

WhiteKiboko said:
ok...super easy one...... tani, you paying attention?

alan rickman, in less than four associations

Don't know if I can do less than four, but exactly four will work:

- Alan Rickman was in DIE HARD with Bruce Willis
- Bruce Willis was in FIFTH ELEMENT with Gary Oldman
- Gary Oldman was in PRICK UP YOUR EARS with Alfred Molina
- Alfred Molina will play Dr. Octopus in SPIDERMAN 2

How did you manage to get three?

8)
Me

Eddie Murphy stars in "Bowfinger" with Heather Graham
Graham stars in "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" with Mike Myers
Myers stars in the video for "Beautiful Stranger" with Madonna
Madonna gets smacked with an octopus in "Swept Away"

The poor octopus.

:roll:

Clem

WhiteKiboko said:
Clem, that was incredibly brave.....to admit you were one of 15 people that actually saw that movie...... :bonk:

WK,

I did not see "Swept Away," I saw a television advertisement for it. The octo-smack was in the ad.

Grrr.

Clem

Eddie Murphy? Piece of cake! Thusly:

• - Eddie Murphy starred in COMING TO AMERICA.
    - "Coming to America" was a hit song from the 2nd remake of THE JAZZ SINGER.
    - The 2nd remake of THE JAZZ SINGER starred Neil Diamond.
    - Neil Diamond is Steve-O's hero.
    - Steve-O' once said he would rather shake Neil Diamond's hand than even to find a living adult Architeuthis. (Don't believe me? He actually put that in writing on the old Message Board -- Tony, can you back me up on this?)
:oshea: :heart: :headphon:

TaningiaDanae said:
Tony, can you back me up on this?)
Sorry, was not able to find that specific claim, but here is a related conversation... I'm afraid it may be more incriminating for you, though, given your Longfellow Serenade stinker! :tomato:

Neil Diamond|steve_oshea|
....ain't he just marvelous! I've 38 albums, but only, unfortunately, seen him live twice.

What's you're favourite track?
Mine's "I am, I said"

Favourite movie, "The Jazz Singer".

Long may he live, and happy may he be .... and one day may he soundtrack a squid movie.

Addict
O

Re: Neil Diamond|steve_oshea|
.....and Tani, perhaps you can inform us a little more about Richard Bach. I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll know.

Who came first, Bach or Diamond?

Re: Neil Diamond|TaningiaDanae
Hmmmm, lessee now....I read JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL about a gazillion years ago, but I think Neil was around even before that. And he did do a squid song -- wasn't "Longfellow Serenade" about an Archi? (Sorry, couldn't resist that one 8))

On the other hand, you Kiwis gave us the better part of the deal with Split Enz. Whatever happened to them, anyway? I used to have several of their vinyl albums, from "Mental Notes" through "Waiata", but stupidly got rid of them when everything went CD. Now the only Split Enz CDs I can find are abridged versions with many of the songs I loved left out. (BTW, I did see them live at a club here in Noo Yawk -- I think it was late '70s or early '80s -- and they were fantastic!)

Now what in the deep blue heck, you might ask, has Split Enz got to do with squid? Well, for one thing, their lead vocalist was a bloke named Tim Finn....

New York City Born and Raised
(among Brooklyn Roads),
Tani

Re: Neil Diamond|pikaia|
Wow!!!
you guys are so old!!! :roll: :smile:

just kidding :smile:

And you know what they say with wisdom comes age - or something like that

Did anybody notice on Steve's info on the member list he says he was born in 1874?!
you know for being over a hundred he seems pretty sharp!!

Re: Neil Diamond|sushigirl|
Master Neil was the first concert I ever went to...age 13. It's not the BEST concert I ever went to (Harry Connick Jr. wins that honor), but it was definitely the second best! The man is awesome!

Re: Neil Diamond|melbe|
Addict O,
I bet you could meet the big D. Really. You are a famous scientist, with your own clipart! He is a famous artists, great publicity for him. I can see it now the paper reads, "Neil Goes Squiddy, O'Shea passes out!" Good luck with that.
Melissa

:lol: Actually, that may be even more incriminating for SushiGirl, who openly admitted to seeing him in concert and being impressed by his performance!

BTW, Solid Gold Oldies -- one of the "music only" cable stations we get here -- often plays Neil Diamond songs. From the the Artist Trivia captions that accompanied them, I learned that ND was a pre-med student who got into NYU on a Fencing Scholarship. It took me several minutes to get past the image of one of the city's finest colleges giving out scholarships for selling stolen goods....

D'oh!

TaningiaDanae said:
Eddie Murphy? Piece of cake! Thusly:

• - Eddie Murphy starred in COMING TO AMERICA.
    - "Coming to America" was a hit song from the 2nd remake of THE JAZZ SINGER.
    - The 2nd remake of THE JAZZ SINGER starred Neil Diamond.
    - Neil Diamond is Steve-O's hero.
    - Steve-O' once said he would rather shake Neil Diamond's hand than even to find a living adult Architeuthis. (Don't believe me? He actually put that in writing on the old Message Board -- Tony, can you back me up on this?)

i realized its even easier....i need to start thinking these through....

murphy with nick nolte in both 48hrs movies,
nolte was in cannery row

:frown:

i wanted to suggest AH-nold......but to make it tough (probably wont do that just add arnold as a step) how about Linda Hamilton?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back