Lennon- Macropus complex

That could be it D. Since the move he's been eating fine, but he's back to his nocturnal schedule- it's been annoying. I'm hoping he'll start warming up to me again soon. I haven't put the red light on the tank, so I haven't been interacting with at all really. I'll end up doing that in the next few days. Hopefully we'll interact at night again and then eventually in the earlier evening! And I'll take some pics as soon as I quit being lazy! And when I can get him to come out on a more regular basis.

I am worried that Bel is going to start brooding. She has been sleeping in now for over a week and either does not want to play or only plays for a very short time. I have opened the cabinet under the tank and will add another fan tomorrow to see if my concerns should be heat or if she is just maturing.

Lennon's not been doing too well as of late. He won't accept any food and his color changing ability has decreased... I'm not giving him too much longer. He never comes out to play anymore either.

hey, beautiful octo. 2 questions about it:
·What's the name of the specie?¿?
·Is a tropical or fresh water octopus?

Thank you
Pino

Sorry to hear Lennon is gone.

I am afraid Bel is not far behind. Her color is very splotchy and has been for about a month. She is active at night but is not eating much. She will still slowly go after crabs but is refusing shrimp even when all she has had is three small crabs in three days. I am going to get more clams this week to see if she will still take them on the half shell. So far I have not seen any shell collecting or brooding type behavior in spite of the fact that her mantle has doubled in length and the second half is somewhat stiffer and white. This may be normal since the small egged species seem to only brood for about 10 days (instead of the 8-10 weeks of the larger egged species) so a female may loose coloration and look old just before brooding. I may be speaking too quickly though as she had not come out tonight for supper. I did see an arm but she went into her den in stead of her normal coming out to see me when I approached the tank.

Did you think to measure mantle and arm length?

Actually I wasn't even home D. I'm in New Jersey for a wedding right now and my roommate has been taking care of my fish/octo/snakes. He called and said he found it dead. No chance to measure.

We are going out of town in a week and I am hoping my son won't have the same experience. So far, Bel is eating crabs and clams but has refused frozen shrimp (she will take frozen shore shrimp from my fingers though). Her splochy color and moodiness (in addition to the smaller appetite) are what concern me most. Some nights she will play for 10 or 15 minutes but most of the time play lasts for only a couple of quick pets then she goes to the live rock waiting for food delivery. In her most active state she would decline food until she had played for at least half an hour.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back