• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Legal issues

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
i cant speak for GA, but that seems a bit odd...(or a conveinent ending to conversations) for example, here in Charlotte, i found out its illegal to sell a extoic animal as a pet but not against the law to keep one.... as a for what constitutes an exotic pet, i never did find out... :| worst case scenario, just call up some type off (quasi)official entity (animal control/humane soc./etc) and ask... it certainly cant hurt to ask questions....

ps- welcome to tonmo! :welcome:

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
i notice hippos arent allowed....i guess i shouldve known that when i was dating a girl who lived in ATL :smile:

"Breaking the Law... Breaking the Law"

:roll:

Air-breathing catfishes; all species
Parasitic catfishes; all species
Giant walking catfishes; all species

What the? Never heard of a giant walking catfish! Just the idea blows my mind! :bugout:

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
its probably like a salt water fish i saw the other week in Charleston.... for some reason i want to say croaker, but im doubt im right.... im almost positive it was one that makes a noise though....

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
walking catfish are Clarias species...

Get to four feet long and when they get bored/run out of food in one pond they can travel through the night to another one!

the only fish to have caused a road accident by crossing it! LOL :smile:

http://www.sankey.ws/clarias.html

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
i ones i was thinking of had claw-like appendages coming out (or near their pectoral fins) can anyone place this? i know theyre salt water.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak