Lawsuit being filed on Friday June 13th

jellyman;120108 said:
Really?? What do you eat? And in all seriousness I'm really interested. Everything we eat wheter it is farmed like cows or harvested like king crab is at the simplest form alot of life being prepared for human consumption. Those crabs have been being harvested for decades and due to the strict quota enforcement some of the largest numbers are being produced today. This is truely one example of how to properly farm the ocean.

I have to admit I haven't seen the deadliest catch....so I need to ask, do these fishers reseed the crab fishery? If not, it's not farming.....it's wild harvest, albeit one that seems to be being managed well.

jellyman said:
What do you eat?

No seafood, anymore. But before deciding it was easiest categorically exclude all seafood, I mostly tried to avoid anything harvested from a habitat that in no way naturally overlaps with human habitats, e.g., the open ocean and deep sea.

Tintenfisch;120263 said:
No seafood, anymore. But before deciding it was easiest categorically exclude all seafood, I mostly tried to avoid anything harvested from a habitat that in no way naturally overlaps with human habitats, e.g., the open ocean and deep sea.

That's cool. I'm just a curious person. I like that everyone has differences. I just wish we could all understand that it is alright to be different and not pass negative judgement on people because we see things in a different light. I enjoy a good debate/discussion but I do not like someone "telling" me my way is wrong without an educated conversation. That's how I feel about this lawsuit. Made him upset. Filed lawsuit against the wrong party. Still does not have his facts straight.

I stopped eating saltwater fish a few years ago, but I still eat farm raised (in Arizona !) shrimp now and again. Most of the shellfish are also sustainable, such as oysters and clams. These have been seeded for hundreds of years by the harvesters.

I wish I liked the flavour of calamari, because they are reproducing like crazy in the Pacific, due to the depleted predatory fish population.

Back on topic: I understand the sentiment, but the reasoning doesn't work for me. I hate seeing any animal's life wasted in some sort of sport related event, it is truly foolish. Perhaps he should sue the fans?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back