• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Latest on Octopets - Not good news

Blesum

Hatchling
Registered
DHyslop said:
Hi Paul, welcome to TONMO!

If you go collecting like this with a tangible connection to the school, I'm sure you want to be completely legit. I can see the headline now:

"California man indicted--shipped native species across country, school profited"

:shock: :lol:

I'd like to avoid that!

Today while tidepooling with the girlfriend, I ran across another one.

DSC00295.jpg

About a two inch head...

th_DSC00298.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

-Paul

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
Blesum said:
:shock: :lol:

I'd like to avoid that!

Today while tidepooling with the girlfriend, I ran across another one.

DSC00295.jpg

About a two inch head...

th_DSC00298.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

-Paul

That's awesome Paul. I held a 1-inch baby over the weekend (Saturday) at Bird Rock. He was SOOO cute. It took every fiber of my being not to bring him home and setup a new tank. He was literally half the size of your pinky finger. I gave him a nearby hermit crab and he pounced on it. I love how they look just like miniature adults, even as babies...

LiquidFunk

Blue Ring
Registered
i need cuttle said:
thats funny, i just started working at a lfs, and we have bluerings, "brown". and "bali" octo's on our list

this isnt exactly helpful unless you know the source. There are thousands of vendors. What list were you viewing?

Paul like I said earlier in this post, I own an LFS. Id happily trade some product to get you going for a small octo.

Feel free to PM me if your interested.

Latest Forum Posts