Kraken

I have been looking at the culture/entertainment section of this website, and I have noticed there is nothing on the Kraken! Anybody who is interested in the Kraken should read Search for the Giant Squid
by Richard Ellis. Fantastic book.[/u]

Hello Squidman,

There's material about Kraken scattered throughout the C&E section threads. Ellis's book is very good on the subject (and others), and it's certainly a familiar text around these parts. On the subject of squid and mythology, you ought to enjoy the Myth, Legend and Symbolism thread, Phil Eyden's Myths and Legends and my own little contribution, Squid vs. Thor. Phil puts ammonites and belemnites into a fascinating palaeo-historical conext, and I speculate about what might have been a neighbor to Kraken: the Midgard Serpent. Hope you enjoy what you read.

As for a dedicated Kraken thread, well, I think you've just started one.

:wink:

Clem

Actually come to think about it, legends and myths about giant squid and octopuses in folklore and fable would be a cracking article and really interesting to research.

We have Olaus Magnus, Bishop Pontopiddian, Polynesian marine deities, the Moby Dick reference and Tennyson's The Kraken to name but a few. Anyone fancy a crack at it?

Phil said:
Actually come to think about it, legends and myths about giant squid and octopuses in folklore and fable would be a cracking article and really interesting to research.

We have Olaus Magnus, Bishop Pontopiddian, Polynesian marine deities, the Moby Dick reference and Tennyson's The Kraken to name but a few. Anyone fancy a crack at it?

This is a good idea for a thread. Hmmm... :hmm:

chrono_war01 said:
Let's just use this thread.
Well said, Grasshopper..:wink: (now get back to your studies) :wink:

Squidman, you've already started the topic thread, a good one IMHO. :smile:

But if you think the thread would get a higher profile in another forum,
PM Tony or other admin/ moderator to suggest that it be moved.

JMO ~a.f. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back