• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Kooah - O.briareus

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I don't know that the black spot is a sign of life and I did not see it with my eyes but included at the end of the video, just in case :tongue:

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Oh, brooding... It's so hard to be patient! The best thing about that little joubini is that she was so friendly I had no idea she was brooding. Still crossing my fingers and holding my breath for you!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Looking in the cave today, it appears that only the one egg has a dark spot and I am wondering if it is just algae. Time will tell I guess but the waiting to see if there is anything to wait for is challenging to my patience.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
sulley;154844 said:
how long has it been d

It has been 12 days since I first saw the eggs but she could have laid them as much as a week earlier. The weather has been cool (up until this weekend) and the heat is off so they may be slower to develop. At least they are still there and have not rotted.

Kooah is still eating almost nightly and sometime this weekend she came out and raided the additional rubble pile I put out for her (it is on the other side of the tubes from her brooding den but within reach without actually going to the other side). She put one of the new piece partially in front of my viewing opening but has not fully blocked my view again. I still only see the one spot on the one egg if I watch for awhile. I need to look up where the eyes begin to appear (octopuses flip twice during incubation if I recall correctly and I am not sure if the eyes should be at the point or at the fat part of the teardrop in the beginning).

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I see SPOTS

:band:

Attachments

• conv_296360.jpg
    conv_296360.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
  • conv_296357.jpg
    conv_296357.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77