Kenny's Journal

So sorry to hear about it, i was liking Kenny so much, i even sort of thought of him as a way of looking at mine, since they looked so alike. Well good luck with starting with fish and hopefully someday you can try again with octopuses. I know this doesn't help much but the guarantee on your octo is still in place, and that could help you get started with your new fish. I'm so sorry about Kenny.

corw314;104474 said:
:angelpus:RIP Kenny....Sometimes there are no answers. Question....were all from the same supplier? I'm thinking not. And was your tank ever coppered? Seems to be a possible answer. Any pieces of metal in the tank that you may be unaware of? When I began, I too had many deaths but years ago info on their care was not available, so I know it was my own error from lack of knowledge. I hope someday you will try again as they are worth the effort.

Yeah, the 4 octos were from 3 different suppliers and the tank was brand new from the store-not second hand. I had direct contact with everything put in the tank as well. My biggest problem is I have no idea what was the problem now-so no way to know if it is fixed.. we will see I guess.. thanks for the sentiments..

mosthated;104478 said:
so sorry for you loss!
i wouldnt think oxygen levels would be a problem for anyone running a decent skimmer, or a skimmer at all..

Me either, and I was running a skimmer, powerhead, and a canister filter... :banghead:

The only suggestion I might have for you is now that your tank has been set up for three months, you might want to wait a little bit before trying again. This tank has had a lot of biomass in it and you might want to give the bacteria in the live rock a chance to stabilize. While I know that your chemical parameters have been stable there are other things going on in your tank that won't show up on standard nitrate/nitrateammonia tests.

simple;104483 said:
So sorry to hear about it, i was liking Kenny so much, i even sort of thought of him as a way of looking at mine, since they looked so alike. Well good luck with starting with fish and hopefully someday you can try again with octopuses. I know this doesn't help much but the guarantee on your octo is still in place, and that could help you get started with your new fish. I'm so sorry about Kenny.

Ya know what simple, you just gave me one last piece of good advice--Thanks!! When I read about the guarentee I thought since the octo is considered "expert" that they would not be under that--I was wrong, I just called them and they gave me a full refund. Again, thanks alot and good luck with your lil girl!!

Rob,
Please don't be a stranger. I would like to suggest that you even consider updating Kenny's journal with the progress of your alternate tank for awhile. It may be helpful and provide some clues. I lost my second and third dwarfs in a tank I have yet to put anything else in (two weeks to the day for both of them even though my first one - in a different tank - lived exceptionally long after the birth of her young).

I would almost suspect cyanid the way this one died but DrsFosterandSmith and associates pride themselves in trying to do things right so the odds are tipped in their favor that this is not the case.

dwhatley;104519 said:
Rob,
Please don't be a stranger. I would like to suggest that you even consider updating Kenny's journal with the progress of your alternate tank for awhile. It may be helpful and provide some clues. I lost my second and third dwarfs in a tank I have yet to put anything else in (two weeks to the day for both of them even though my first one - in a different tank - lived exceptionally long after the birth of her young).

I would almost suspect cyanid the way this one died but DrsFosterandSmith and associates pride themselves in trying to do things right so the odds are tipped in their favor that this is not the case.

I check in every so often. Here are some pics of the fish I have had in there now. I guess for the past almost 2 weeks... knock on wood but no ill fates so far...

Attachments

• conv_292010.jpg
    conv_292010.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 85
  • conv_292011.jpg
    conv_292011.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • conv_292012.jpg
    conv_292012.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 75
  • conv_292013.jpg
    conv_292013.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 111
and 3 others...

Attachments

• conv_292014.jpg
    conv_292014.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 102
  • conv_292015.jpg
    conv_292015.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 81
  • conv_292016.jpg
    conv_292016.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 105
LOL excuse my ignorance-- what is a FOWLR tank? And yeah, I have 2 mandarins and they have plenty to eat along with the butterfly.

cuttlegirl;105256 said:
FOWLR - Fish Only With Live Rock
Ahh yeah I guess it would be but, I do still have my cleanup crew of hermits and snails and one shrimp. Oh, I do still have some of my fiddlers in there too and today my spotted boxfish took one out. I have to say I was pretty impressed, the fiddler is about 1/2 his size.

Dude, I hate to be the killjoy here, but dang, that's a lot of fish to add in such a short period of time. Beautiful fish though. My girlfriend really wants one of those Boxfish/Cowfish but I remind her they grow to the size of a football and potentially toxic.

Hope it keeps working for you. I turned my 75 into a Frogfish tank and got some T5 lights to add some coral pieces.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back