Kat gets her PhD

Does Neil do a cover of "Pomp and Circumstance"?

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of he beast, for it is a human number: its number is Sweet Caroline

Steve O'Shea;126664 said:
Poor Neil; there's s much chance of that as there is John Denver turning up!

It happens tomorrow; I'll be sure to post pics.

I was actually thinking of a little photo shopping expedition :sagrin:

Hmm, this could get interesting... :goofysca:

Thanks again for all the well-wishes, everyone! I will probably be a little scarce around here for the next month or so still - some other fairly major events happening in coming weeks, but as of mid-November I'll be settling into a one-year postdoc at AUT and should be around pretty much all the time again. :wink:

And she looked most beautiful too!

It was very hard to photograph in that lighting, and in reducing the images the 2nd looks a little photoshopped, but it is not.

Attachments

• conv_293323.jpg
    conv_293323.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 169
  • conv_293324.jpg
    conv_293324.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 137
Glad to see some of the plant relations made it :wink:.

SO .... After November with there be a regular dinner for two in NZ? Is the big day going to be in the US or NZ?

Sorry I'm a bit late too, but congratulations to you Dr Kat. Did you get to keep the hat?

A late but none-the-less heartfelt congratulations from all us in the great snowy North (on both occasions). We all wished we could have been there (for both occasions. Geez you really pack things in together!). Next time you're in the area stop by for a celebratory ride. Free of charge for Doctors. :wink:

Little update on the thesis: I submitted it to Zootaxa as a monograph earlier this year and have just heard back from the editor/reviewers. Three cheers for 'accept with minor revisions'! Woot.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back