Just who is this Cthulhu guy anyway?

Emperor

GPO
Registered
A guy I know is trying to compile a definitive list of sotires that deal with the Chtulhu mythos which might be handy for people wanting to play catch up:

http://lovecraft.cjb.net/

but also if he has missed anything feel free to let him know so he can keep improving the list.

Emps

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I don't know about that one; Cthulhu is vaguely humanoid of body, but not in some adonis-fashion. I always pictured him being shaped kind of similar to the late Chris Farley in body...

still I have one question on my head, can I pronouce it as "coo (as in cool)low-who"
And that story about Coo-Low-Who and the plushies were tuly disturbing..I always imagined that Coo-low-who resembles a octo on a humans head or something....

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
chrono_war01 said:
still I have one question on my head, can I pronouce it as "coo (as in cool)low-who"
And that story about Coo-Low-Who and the plushies were tuly disturbing..I always imagined that Coo-low-who resembles a octo on a humans head or something....

With big webbed paws and feet, like a taloned frog, plus two stunted batlike wings sticking out between his shoulders! Don't picture him in your head, Chrono, whatever you do! He's bad! If you think about him too much, he'll be able to find you when he wakes up! Waitamin- I think I hear something outside - sort of a slopping sound, really - oh dear Lord! He's HERE! THE TENTACLE AT THE WINDOW-

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
personally i think its easier to use the soft c (others may read 's' ) sound at the beginning and take the the route of something that could be hissed as apposed to the k-thool--hoo....

a bit more elegant, even if thats not what them elder gods were all about...

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Yeah, that's definitely closer. I might have mentioned this before, but how about Jack Black rampaging as Cthulhu?

Latest Posts