• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Just got my first octopus!!!

I was playing with Henry today, and I was loling. I was blowing bubbles out of airline tube, and everytime he would attack it! I thought it was so funny, because he would latch onto where the bubbles come out, and it would shake him around from the bubbles, etc. But he wouldn't let go until I stopped blowing bubbles! I think he is playing. LOL but I enjoyed it, so maybe I will do it more often.

Sounds like fun! but be careful with the bubbles, if they get into the mantle cavity that can cause serious health issues for the octi. They also like air filled containers, they pull them to the bottom, let them go so they bob to the top and then "recapture" it and repeat!!!!

J

Haha, I will have to try that! And with the air in the mantle, how doesnt air get in there when they crawl out of tanks sometimes?

My octo likes to be in the bubbles that I have aerating his tank. He will allow his mantle cavity to fill, and then make his way across the tank blowing the bubbles out.

I am sorry, I sold him a few weeks ago. But check out this vid I made. it is a vid of the octo eating a feeder fish (sw), and my tank set-up. LMK what you think!

He is so adorable. I was trying to tell my mother about how you need to keep octos stimulated and she got a kick out of your tank set up. Great video. Henry has a very photogenic side hehe

haha that video is awsome henry is funny makes me relise why i want one so bad! great job on the tank set up! what kind of fish are those???

Welcome to the site! I see you are already enjoying/spoiling "Henry"!

My new octi arrives either tomorrow, or Tuesday. Good luck on your new octi! Can you afford to feed him shrimp? I found a place that sells marine shrimp for $24.99 for 85. ShrimpStuff.com is just way too expensive in my opinion--I am sure they have great quality stuff!

"Apey"

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back