• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Just found a cuttlefish hatchling

I have no idea how to take care of it. I only have experience with octos. Please advise asap! I so want to raise it:love::love::love:

Attachments

• 20200602_144728.jpg
    20200602_144728.jpg
    841.7 KB · Views: 203
I temporarily placed it in a small tank with fresh seawater and a small filter. My main concern is what to feed it...I have frozen fish and live crabs available, but the crabs seem huge to be offered, even if dead...Should I try a tiny piece of fish?

I haven't thought about the possibility...Do you know if their distribution goes as far as the Mediterranean Sea? I know for sure that we have Sepia officinalis but my knowledge about cuttlefish is very limited...

Yes they do!
These guys also do not get very big. Cute little buggers though.
Here's a few links for you.
Sepiola atlantica - Wikipedia

So, according to the Wiki article, a single specimen has been collected from Italy! But I am based in Greece, so if you are right and this was indeed a sepiola atlantica that would be super cool for cuttlefish experts to know...I have a short video from the moment I collected it, I will try to post it later in case anyone is interested...

So, according to the Wiki article, a single specimen has been collected from Italy! But I am based in Greece, so if you are right and this was indeed a sepiola atlantica that would be super cool for cuttlefish experts to know...I have a short video from the moment I collected it, I will try to post it later in case anyone is interested...
Indeed! But that is what it looks like to me. How exciting.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back