• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

just a few more questions about filtering

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
What do i use for a filter :bugout:

o and my dad has some brand new canister filters and i was wondering if i could use them for filters

Me too, but I just had some FW eels a while back and am now just using the FW tank for housing guppies since I can't get shrimp for my seahorses yet. My LFS says you don't need to change the filter cartridges in them but that is probably BS since they also thought octos would eat aiptasia.

They are a filter like you would use in a house for filtering drinking water etc. They are 10" 5 mircon sediment cartridge filter in a plastic canister. :smile:

no, thats a different kind of filter, thats more like reverse osmotic filters... you cant use that in your tank

Ant,

I think you would greatly benefit from visiting a store that sells salt water aquariums and equipment. You could have a look at things and have the sales person show you want goes with what size aquarium. I know you don't live near a big city, but maybe you could find a store and talk your parents into visiting it. You can see some of these things online, but its hard to get an idea of size and how they all work together.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back