Junior the Bimac?? Maybe...

Thank you. I also worry about Junior because Sedona is now in the same tank. D told me that siblings have been kept successfully together but I still worry. I am crossing my fingers that they can live together... I really hope if they do both live that they are either both male or both female... I really don't want to breed inbred octos.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Hopefully they are the same species. Inbreeding with cephalopods does not seem to be an issue for several generations if the word of mouth reports I had with the mercs were common and is likely to occur in the wild with this species. I only had one generation of inbreds and the three that survived as adults lived a normal lifespan. Roy and Richard, however, did not have successful breeding at all with the little chierchiae.

HA! I didnt even think of that! Same species would be a great start inbreeding or not. I dont think its likely though that Junior and Sedona are from the same brooding based on their size difference. I know that size can very greatly but would it be such a great difference at such an early age? Junior was no larger than a inch from tip to tip and I will be posting pics of Sedona here soon but shes about 3 inches long.

I think I might have gotten a glimce of Junior this morning. Right after I turned on the lights to the tank I saw something move. It could have just been a hermit crab falling but when I went to look I didnt see anything. Then again it could just as easily been Sedona.