Jetta's Eggs

well exciting!!!! Good Luck!! :biggrin2:

Does anyone know what happens to the mother an the eggs when they hatch?

Without meanin to sound insensitive, does she just wonder out an kop for it once her eggs are hatched? or does she pass away once they are at an almost hatched stage? get were im goin with this???

Well i suppose she wont eat them since she's off food and spent all that time carin for them?

Just wonderin about the usual process? :biggrin2:

Yes, Debbie, you can expect wave after wave of hatchlings - they will probalby hatch over several days, which is a good thing for you.

Nancy

scouse, my briareus died about 2 weeks or so after the eggs hatched, she just crawled out of the den and didn't move much again, she went very pale about 3 or 4 days before dying

Not to be morbid but Ink did the total opposite of what the norm seems to be. Continued to eat, became so active at the end it was almost like she had gone senile. I think I would have prefered a quick end because it was hard watching so much senseless activity, knowing what the end result would be. And it took her quite a long time.

That part I am not looking forward to :frown: I just hope i can get at least one of her babies to survive so i can tank raise it. More would be cool but I know Im fighting a tough battle :?

jeez its quite a sad thing to go throu, even thou you kinda mentally prepare knowin they only live not so long i suppose, hhmmm.

i was wonderin cause i was intrested in if the mother dyin would kinda, in theory, provide some food for the newly hatched babies, to ensure they had some source readily available.

Althou it wouldnt make major sense as since she starves herself i suppose she wouldnt be full of major vitiamins etc, but was leadin me to wonder if this is what started off their cannabilism, if that all makes sense.

horrible thing to see either ways that have been described :frown:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back