Jesse from CT

JBoogie

Hatchling
Registered
Hey everyone,

I'm a fish enthusiast. Had my own tanks and been in the hobby for about 5 years now. Honestly I've only kept freshwater tanks. I've got about 6 aquariums right now that I switch between and try alot of different things. I have a 75 gallon aquarium drilled and plumbed to a 30 gallon sump for my oscar tank. Honestly there not my favorite fish to keep and I rescued him for a friend. Im going to convert it to saltwater and keep an octopus. I was going to redo the sump and make it a 55 Gallon with a chamber in the middle that I could breed some sort of shrimp or crab that I could feed to my octopus. Suggestions and ideas are much appreciated :smile:! Thank you

To get acquainted with saltwater (you will find it very different from freshwater), you might experiment with that sump while you are maturing the display tank. It is very difficult to grow live food even as supplemental meals for an octopus but the attempts should help you learn to keep saltwater. Fortunately, most seafood counters have appropriate frozen food for a primary diet.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back