Japanese researcher took years...

Hi y'all!! Has anyone heard this -- the Japanese researcher who finally got the giant squid on film had been searching for something like 12 - 14 years. My friend told me that this evening and is trying to find a link to where she read it. I was wondering if any of you had heard this.

Cheers! :biggrin2:

Oh Cindy, haven't you recognised my avatar yet?

(Not that this post will make any sense in a couple of months time when I change it to Kubodera and Mori on Space Hoppers).

I got the picture and I know the story, it's the fact that he took 14 years to get the squid. So many others have been out searching, our own Dr. SOS among them! :wink: Remember, the giant squid was the holy grail of squiddom! (Well, I guess Messie has that honour now!) :snorkel:

Steve, if you get an opportunity please ask Dr Kubodera if he intends to release the rest of the images into the public domain. So far I believe us mortals have only seen six out of five hundred and fifty photographs.

We are an eager audience!

Originally posted by Phil
Steve, if you get an opportunity please ask Dr Kubodera if he intends to release the rest of the images into the public domain. So far I believe us mortals have only seen six out of five hundred and fifty photographs.
We are an eager audience!

Amen!! :snorkel:

Phil, that was the first thing that came to mind for me too... I was actually going to try to corner Steve and ask him to entertain a joint octopodcast but I didn't have the gumption :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back