Izzy and Bee - O.Mercatoris

Congratulations on your new friends!! I frequently think about keeping mercs again, but they are so nocturnal and not very rewarding for anyone else in the house... Yours seem to be doing great, I hope you do get a boy and girl!

Thanks!

This morning before the tank lights came on I saw them both out, so I did a feeding. I fed 'A', she took a nice piece of fresh shrimp from a skewer, but by the time I fed 'A', 'B' was outta sight.

'A'
mercalpha.jpg

Goodbye "B" :angelpus:
So sorry to hear your sad news.

You're going to order WHAT from WHO??
I'm already in line.........you go to back of the line.

Just kidding, little A needs a B.
I hope he gets a few this weekend, I will be watching his website closely :shock:

Darn,

There is always the possibility that you get a spent female and it may be (mixed results on this thought) that spent merc females live a few weeks past brooding where most other species only live a day or two.

I am never comfortable until they have survived two full weeks. After getting Trapper, I tried two others (different tank and one after the other) and both died at the two week mark so that has become my, "hold your breath time" (coincidentlally, it is also the time I watch for a female to start early brooding). In my case, I now think it was the tank (8 gallon tall hex with very little shelter) but over time the two week mark seems to be a good indicator of adjustment and suggests they will live on to senescence (that still might not be a lot longer) if they make it through the initial adjustment.

LOVE the new avitar, where in the world did you find it?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back