• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

ive got a cunning plan

I voted yes as Tony plainly has way too much spare time.
it should be a novel involving all the Tonmo moderators (& Jean).
Fast paced like Phil's pint arm,
high pressure like just outside a U-boat & full of sexual
dimorphism
:oshea: can be the inspiration for the hunchback !

move over Salman Rushdie (& Willie Rushdon) here come the
"Pelagic Verses"

Keef

Jean said:
They are rare, but there is a book out there on Deep Sea Marine Life (at least around NZ!) Called Deep New Zealand by Peter Batson. He has a ceph chapter in it (amongst LOTS of others!) and it has stunning photo's (& yes he's a friend and no I'm not being paid :biggrin2: )

Batson's book is great! published in 2003 iirc so very up-to-date info all around. Was lucky to find it at the local library :biggrin2: Some amazing shots indeed! It remains a summary of our state of knowledge but if one wishes to learn about the deep sea and its associated challenges, that's a book i can recommand. Enjoy!

(no i'm not being paid either but if Mr Batson is reading us and has some spare copies of his book...well... hint, hint :lol: )

TPOTH

I actually looked into publishing a book on saltwater flyfishing a few years ago. The first step is getting published in a magazine, then formatting. You have to contact whatever vendor your attempting to use to publish the book about their specific requirements to get it published. Then they consider it, and years later, they actually might publish the book. It's complicated, but the info would be presented to a great many more people than an online forum or downloadable book. I would recomend contactingTFH first, maybe starting with a small book on octo care, as that seems to be the most popular (Whats a cuttlefish?.....EWWWWWWWWWWW!)

Hmmm. Well, it certainly would be something. Colin and Nancy could put together one hell of a book, that is for sure! The world of publishing is soooooo whacky though...I shake my head every time I have to read over another query letter...the publishers out there are sharks ! Any chance you could just publish it privately, Tony? Hey, the Tonmo press might be the best way !
greg

cthulhu77 said:
Hmmm. Well, it certainly would be something. Colin and Nancy could put together one hell of a book, that is for sure! The world of publishing is soooooo whacky though...I shake my head every time I have to read over another query letter...the publishers out there are sharks ! Any chance you could just publish it privately, Tony? Hey, the Tonmo press might be the best way !
greg
Ever heard of CafePress?

They print them as they are ordered for a reasonalble price, so you can self-publish for cheap and not have to worry about prepaying for a warehouse full of books you don't need.
-Jared

Absolutely you should write a book -- this site has some of the best scientific (if not eccentric) minds around -- and very knowlegable on cephs of all shapes and sizes. Yes, I think it would be a great blessing to all interested in cephs.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back