It's Official: TONMOCON III in Monterey Bay

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
GPO87;128594 said:
Question. is the 99 bucks per person, or per room?

That is the room rate. Some hotels have an additional fee (somewhere between $5 and $30) for additional people but they did not ask for the number of occupants when we reserved the room so I am assuming that you can fit as many as you are comfortable with in the room for the single rate.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Remember -- to get the room rate, you have to CALL the Monterey Travelodge and mention that you're staying for the TONMO.com convention.

mucktopus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
sorseress;128535 said:
the Steinhart Aquarium is one you shouldn't miss. .

The new Steinhart Aquarium and Cal Academy are absolutely stunning, and this is a must-see combo if you have time. We spent all day there and never got bored.

Alas I'll be in Indo and can't make it, but hopefully will be able to send Thales a powerpoint presentation of Indonesian octopuses.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
mucktopus;129940 said:
Alas I'll be in Indo and can't make it, but hopefully will be able to send Thales a powerpoint presentation of Indonesian octopuses.

A presentation would be awesome, but it's too bad we won't get a chance to put a face to your online presence.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I was just saying (today!) that I hoped you would be there and give a presentation :sad: (Of course I envy your trip and you are a bit over due)

Well, I am planning to head out to Monterey, CA in June. Unfortunately, it is for the weekend following this one. The National Marine Educators conference starts June 29 and I have already made plans to attend. So I am sorry, but I will be missing you all by just days. Shucks.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
cephalopodcast;130057 said:
Well, I am planning to head out to Monterey, CA in June. Unfortunately, it is for the weekend following this one. The National Marine Educators conference starts June 29 and I have already made plans to attend. So I am sorry, but I will be missing you all by just days. Shucks.

I looked at the weekend you were out there, but that coincides with the Blues Festival and there was no vacancy to be had. Sorry we'll miss you.

Try to see the festival!