It's Official: TONMOCON III in Monterey Bay

whats tonmocon

Hi I am new to the whole cephlapod keeping thing and I just got my first octo last weekend. my dad and i trapped it in some tide pools. Well any ways what is this tonmocon thing. I have never heard of it.

Thanks

TONMOCON is a get-together for TONMO folks, with talks, special events, and general socializing... you can look at reports from numbers one and two in this section of the forums to get an idea of what it's like.

Good news, thanks to our good friends at MBARI, we will probably be able to support tours of MBARI for TONMOCON attendees, probably 15 at a time for about an hour. More to come on that, and the overall agenda.

Kevin, totally understand if you can't be there, but man, it would be awesome to see you in Monterey. Phil can never attend, likewise you. Man, I need me some paleo-ceph stuff. I mean, REALLY... you guys represent one of my earliest ceph obsessions. Gotsta have the ammonites, belemnites, nautiloids. Love them. Just 'cause they're long extinct, doesn't mean there's not a place for them under our big ceph tent.

The huge Tucson mineral and gem show is coming up...lots of ceph fossils for the collector who like them all shiny and polished. I'm going to try to get up there and pick up a few nifty ammonites and orthoceros. I already have an orthoceros bowl that's about 12 " in diameter, a bunch of spikey 'O's" , and a nice ammonite (about 7" at it's widest point) but they have lots more there. Should I get a few more smallish ones like I brought to Tonmocon II? They also have boxes, made with elevated ammonites and O's on their lids (all carved from the fossil rock, you understand). I don't know how much they will be selling for this year, but they have been quite inexpensive in the past.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back