• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE

Chipdog,

About naming octopus: at the Seattle aquarium there was a GPO named Thor that insisted on being greeted by name every morning when employees would come in. If they didn't, Thor would hose them down with a squirt of water after they walked by. They are evidently creatures who like consistency.

Chipdog, you won't know if you have a he or she for a long time - by then it doesn't matter. We all just decide whether it will be he or she. I thought my bimac was a male until she laid eggs.

Erich, how did the GPO "hear" his name - or did he just like people to turn to him and say something. :smile:

Nancy

Frankly, I always assumed Thor was a keen lip-reader. :wink: You know, like HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey!

A GPO is the abbreviation for the Giant Pacific Octopus and are not on general sale to aquarists for obvious reasons :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back