IT'S HERE IT'S HERE

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
"clamula" ??? "claminator" ??? Hmmm....cool that it is doing so well...and thanks for the pics !!

greg

ahhhh very?

Its head was maybe half an inch. That shell in the picture is just short of 3 inches. I would say its about over 3/4 of an inch now. There has been a whole lot of eating going on in there.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Chipdog,

About naming octopus: at the Seattle aquarium there was a GPO named Thor that insisted on being greeted by name every morning when employees would come in. If they didn't, Thor would hose them down with a squirt of water after they walked by. They are evidently creatures who like consistency.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Chipdog, you won't know if you have a he or she for a long time - by then it doesn't matter. We all just decide whether it will be he or she. I thought my bimac was a male until she laid eggs.

Erich, how did the GPO "hear" his name - or did he just like people to turn to him and say something. :smile:

Nancy

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Frankly, I always assumed Thor was a keen lip-reader. :wink: You know, like HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
A GPO is the abbreviation for the Giant Pacific Octopus and are not on general sale to aquarists for obvious reasons :smile:

Latest Posts