• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Is my octo sick?

:lol:

Not that I'm laughing at your sick octo, just at Roy's inserting "fever" into his otherwise-accurate info.

I certainly did a double take and started laughing out loud! Then I started to allow the thought to go into query mode. Are octopuses warm-blooded (in which case it there would be a possibilty of fever or elevated temperature with infection - not that it would be possible to check it for the home aquarist - but the extended thought was interesting). When I posed the question before I think Monty mentioned that we are unaware of a temperature regulating component so it is assumed not.

Always the educator

For others of less than a stellar biology vocabulary:

Poikilotherm - The term is used as a more exact description of the vernacular "cold-blooded".

... and I was just getting close to remembering and spelling crepsecular :razz:

My additional discovery for the day for anyone who is not yet aware of accellerators in version 8 of IE (don't know about FireFox):

There is a very nice new feature that allows a quick definition popup (you have choices for the supplier) when a word is highlighted. I am still investigating other uses but, unfortunately, a similar spell check for text boxes (places where you enter text is not yet part of the new feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back