Iron Chef "Octopus Battle"....

Has anyone ever seen Iron Chef Octopus battle when they ate Octopus and they had to cook them LIVE?
It was so sad, and funny becuase the octopuses were very srtong and the Iron Chefs were having a hard time cooking them and grabbing them.
I felt super dee duper bad for the octopuses though. They were pretty large too. They had trouble picking them up out of the tanks becuase they were so slimy and slippery and octopuses are usually.
The episode was GREAT, but not the octopus, lol.

Not again!!!

Yuck that sounds like my last post about them doing the same on Amazing Race!!?? What is the big kicker in chopping them up live?? I'm so disgusted to hear it has happened again for entertainment purposes :x
I personally do not find this funny in any way what so ever!!!!

Re: Not again!!!

octapush said:
Yuck that sounds like my last post about them doing the same on Amazing Race!!?? What is the big kicker in chopping them up live?? I'm so disgusted to hear it has happened again for entertainment purposes :x
I personally do not find this funny in any way what so ever!!!!

I only found it funny cause the Iron Chefs didn't know how to handle em; properly. But that's it. I never found it funny to kill em'.
That's SAD.

No I know thats what you meant :smile: I think thats funny too, gotta laugh at em, and good for the wee octopuses for giving such a good fight :heee:

im a fan of the show....i havent seen that episode, but ive seen the clip of them trying to pull them out of the tank, and by no means were they 'wee'.... as for chopping them live im not sure if the effect is for it to still be wriggling when eaten, which i have the feeling was the case in the other thread, or simply freshness which im guessing is the case for iron chef but id have to see the episode to substantiate any of this (how close to serving, etc) as for the killing, i think its pretty safe to say that if its a cooking show, the animal isnt being dispatched for entertainment value...

WhiteKiboko said:
im a fan of the show....i havent seen that episode, but ive seen the clip of them trying to pull them out of the tank, and by no means were they 'wee'.... as for chopping them live im not sure if the effect is for it to still be wriggling when eaten, which i have the feeling was the case in the other thread, or simply freshness which im guessing is the case for iron chef but id have to see the episode to substantiate any of this (how close to serving, etc) as for the killing, i think its pretty safe to say that if its a cooking show, the animal isnt being dispatched for entertainment value...

It was WEIRD.
When they finally chopped the octopuses up tentacles AND mantle, the chopped up tentacles in the pots were still moving.
I think this is becuase octopus have so many nurves in there tentacles more than in it's brain.
They were still alive out of the water for quite some time.
lol.

the thought of eating my favorite sea creature or any seafood makes me want to throw up. i can't even look at an octopus and then want to eat something right after. i never understood how some octopus owners can eat their pet after it dies. that to me is like eating your dog or cat after it dies. i have a feeling i'm going to be a vegetarian sooner or later. :frown:

Armstrong said:
When they finally chopped the octopuses up tentacles AND mantle, the chopped up tentacles in the pots were still moving.
I think this is becuase octopus have so many nurves in there tentacles more than in it's brain.quote]

Yeah when I was in Africa a guy nailed a octopus with a spear and when I felt him he still sucked my arm.

Weird huh?

Jesse

i would feel more sad/sorry for the humans than the octopus. for one, remember the animal kingdom can be pretty torturous itself, clean knife cut might not be as bad as being ripped apart..by eels.
mostly, though, I feel a great sadness and pity for anyone that finds no harm in torturing something live. Even iron chef should be praying for himself, for showing no remorse and generally no mercy!
People will always have their 'excuses" as to why it's ok to keep a live, sentient animal in a destitute existence, seems to make ( a supposedly, more evolved, more intelligent) a human feel better about his/her own pitiful existence.
just my $.02

restaurant

oh, by the way, found out yesterday that the restaurant i work at gets its squid from Cuttlefish alone... :bugout: well, that's not good either..i guess the opposite of drowning would be bad, like what fish go through when 'fished' out of water..life is one big contradiction....

CuttlefishCurious said:
I feel a great sadness and pity for anyone that finds no harm in torturing something live. Even iron chef should be praying for himself, for showing no remorse and generally no mercy!

what torture? he's preparing food..... the animal in question or the preparation may not be to your liking, but i fail to see how that counts as a barbaric act....

what torture? he's preparing food..... the animal in question or the preparation may not be to your liking, but i fail to see how that counts as a barbaric act....

Ok picture this, watching your dog (or whatever animal you may own) getting his legs hacked off while still alive, evenually cutting off its head, then throwing it all into a pot and sitting down for dinner.....still hungry?? :yuck:

At least cut the damn head off first!!!!!!! :shock:
And anyone who eats their pets ....thats just wrong!!!! why not just dine on our family members after they pass too ....really!!!!????? :bugout:

octapush said:

Ok picture this, watching your dog (or whatever animal you may own) getting his legs hacked off while still alive, evenually cutting off its head, then throwing it all into a pot and sitting down for dinner.....still hungry?? :yuck:

At least cut the damn head off first!!!!!!! :shock:
And anyone who eats their pets ....thats just wrong!!!! why not just dine on our family members after they pass too ....really!!!!????? :bugout:

For the last freaken time the big bag shaped part of its body is it;s MANTLE or TRUNK becuase HEADS aren't packed with organs. An octopuses head is between the eyes were the donut shaped brain is.
Remember that.

AND an octopus had ARMS or TENTACLES NOT legs. I dont know whyeveryone says there legs. They use there arms to grab things and hold on to.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back