Introducing- Dr. Pus (pics)

Yeah he's a baby Bimac from Octopets. He is the only thing in the critter cage besides his rock and some sand. But outside of it I have a pencil sea urchin, tiger sea cucumber, chocolate chip star, and snails from the beach here in Los Angeles, + a ton of pods.

No actually it is not a flourescent, it is a 25 watt red reptile incandescent bulb. I also looked for flourescent since I didn't want it to give off a lot of heat but this bulb is only 25 watts so heat is minimal.

I keep him in the critter cage because my tank isn't octo proof for an octo this small. He needs to be a little larger so he won't escape through the overflow, etc. It is also nice to be able to keep track of where he is so I know he is eating and healthy. If he was in the big tank it would be hard to find him. I have one of the inputs from the pump pushing a current at the cage for circulation.

The Dr. is sooooooooo cool! Love that lil' one!

Is a choc chip star okay to have once you acclimate him into the big tank?

I made the mistake of putting one (Mr.Chippy) in w/ my 80 gal reef aquarium and he munched on and killed all my big clams and several of my corals....(yes, found out the hard way he shouldn't have been in there).

Just a thought...

Have fun with Dr. Pus and keep posting pics!

Kerry

Thanks! I am using a Panasonic SV-AV100. It is a mini digital video camera that also takes pictures. BTW, I am still confused about how to put videos up on the site...

Yeah, the choc star will be fine. He's there to eat any mess/leftovers from Dr. Pus' bad table manners. Seems choc stars are only good as Octo tankmates.

yea i keep a choc star with mine and they seem to get along fine. he eats anything leftover/dead in the tank and dosent bother my octopus but if he gets to close he will get a jet of water. and yeah they do eat clams! i feed my star a frozen mussel once or twice a week and he opens them himself!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back