[Octopus]: Intro Casper - O. vulgaris

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yesterday I did a good cleaning of Caspers tank and I must say he did not care for it. He has been pissed all day. Came out for dinner tonight but for the most part has stayed away since 5pm yesterday. Tomorrow he is being moved to another tank so he will have more space. Wanted to do it yesterday but catching fish is not easy.

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Thanks Tonmo i will try that.
Fish doctor, I really am. There is nothing wrong with all the other octos I have had "And its been a bunch" But a vulgaris has so much more personality. As I said I cleaned his tank and he was pissy for a couple days. He will come out in the open but will just sit there and stare at me. Like how dare you move anything in my tank. The fact that he come out to see anyone who comes to the tank is fantastic. Not afraid!!!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Keep reminding yourself that he/she is young and newly introduced so you will see changes in "personality" for the first month or so. LittleBit HATED it when I cleaned her tank - always :biggrin2:

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Very true D, But its been since oct 10 so its more then 6 weeks. But I know what you mean. All my other octos have changed personality a couple times as I had them. The new tank is going to be in the living room and not in the fish room to make sure there is as much interaction as possible. It might not work but I am going to do everything I can to keep Casper involved and entertained. No idea if it will make any difference but he/she is very interested in what ever is going on in the house.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I definitely think keeping them in a room where they are often exposed to people helps to make them more human friendly. We have kept a couple in the living room (where we rarely go close to the tank but can see it from the kitchen) but most in the breakfast room (where we eat dinner nightly and cross through to go to the cars) and the octos kept in the living room have always been shier.

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
1199f08a7bc8bff28510e5304c3e35fa.jpg