• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Inky the Octopus hummelincki

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
There is definitely something in my eye :disrelieved:. This brings back memories of the special octos I have kept (sadly, not all are interactive -- regardless of species). Don't be disappointed if the next few are less interested (perhaps less intelligent, no real way to tell). It is these special moments that make me continue to keep them as the only thing worse than watching one naturally pass on is looking at an empty tank.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. What a great story - and great aim! So funny.

pkilian

GPO
Staff member
I love reading through these stories @tduncan . Your experiences with Inky will hopefully inspire your students to develop an interest in the ocean, the world as a whole, and all the wonderful creatures that inhabit it.

I myself was inspired by educators that took their passion for learning and teaching above and beyond what was required of them, and I am really happy to know that your students get the same experience. I'm sure they benefit from it more than they may realize right now.

Thank you again for sharing Inky with us. She continues to be a joy to read about :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak