Inklet Update!!!

Nitrite - 0

Ammo - 0

Im gonna try to get some distilled water tonight. Ive really never done a water change because there was no reason to.

I have a plan...since octopets sells to fishsupply maybe I can get the sibling from there! I hope this works...

Call Jim @ Octopets he is in CA.

Params look stable, but there is always a reason to do water changes, are the scarlet and brittle not in this tank?
Do a H2O change and you should be doing better. Plan on those at least every 2-3 weeks max!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I remember Hermin my first Octopus, after I found this site, took my water to my LFS and the nitrate was off the charts!! Deadly to fish, but Hermin had existed in my old tank for 4 months at that point!

I did weekly water changes to bring it down. 40 is not bad!! Good idea on Fish Supply, if you want I could email jim and beg him for one more!!!!!

Carol

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Yes, check pH and salinity. These should be checked frequently.

It's a good idea to have saltwater with the correct parameters already made up and ready for a water change, just in case.

As for the siblings, you might be able to reserve a bimac and have it shipped a bit later.

Nancy

I think I read octos can stand up to 50 nitrate without effects on them?

My mom used to have an octo named Hermin, lived for two days in a bucket and now is in a jar of fermeldahyde somewhere in Texas.

Good luck getting your bimac, BOE!