Info and pics of Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni

Jillykim

Hatchling
Registered
First posting here. Still amazed at some of the specimen photos I have seen of Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni. Any more or related info?
Thanks. :?:

Thanks Phil. We're a bit pushed for time over here right now - too many things on the boil - but one that we will be able to/must follow through on is the redescription of Mesonychoteuthis based on new material.

I've looked at the fact sheet some time ago, in dismay, as it is a little obsolete (meaning we could add so much more information).

Perhaps there's a student out there that wants to come study this and similar 'giant' cranchiid species over here. There's a fantastic amount of recently collected cranchiid material that could be worked up for a most interesting Masters or PhD thesis.

No matter what direction you turn these days you find these groups of poorly known deep-sea cephalopods, mainly squid, that require revision. There are several hundred lots of cranchiid specimens that could be worked up - a few of them are probably new species - but there's a lot of challenging work involved proving this to be the case. Who is up to it??

Me

I've looked at the fact sheet some time ago, in dismay, as it is a little obsolete (meaning we could add so much more information).
Just pass me the edits and I'll implement whenever ready! :wink: It's one of our most popular pages...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back