Incredible behavior

The first time I saw a glimpse of "something" in the corner, my mind took an educated guess and thought "Cuttlefish", then it attacked.

Really cool video though.

Awww, the cute little octopod was just playing with the equipment when BAM, I thought the cuttlefish was some seaweed or something. Still excellent video. Poor little octi.

Wow

that was incredible I didn't think a cuttlefish would go after an Octopus for food. Is that common?

lance

I actually think it is the diver's fault. If he/she hadn't attracted the octopus' attention and curiosity and encouraged interaction, perhaps the octopus would have been alert and would have escaped.

micstarz;136032 said:
I actually think it is the diver's fault. If he/she hadn't attracted the octopus' attention and curiosity and encouraged interaction, perhaps the octopus would have been alert and would have escaped.

Perhaps. Perhaps had it been food or some other distraction rather than the diver the outcome would have been the same.

Animal Mother;136034 said:
Perhaps. Perhaps had it been food or some other distraction rather than the diver the outcome would have been the same.

True, but the diver could also have been a beacon that attracted the cuttle :P

Who knows :biggrin2:

I was so intriqued by the octopus (and how cute is was as it played with the equipment) I totally didn't see the cuttle. I guess if the diver was looking through the camera, they would be totally oblivious to it too. (Otherwise, I'm fairly sure they would have zoomed out!)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back