In the press - UKers

Afternoon, I just wanted to know if anyone saw me in the papers over the last week or so. If not then you should look harder! Made most of the nationals and the Underground's Metro!

Costoms confiscated a large Crawfish and Slipper Lobster from Albania and they were sent to us here in Weymouth after it had all cleared up!

Anyway that was my mugshot with teh slipper lobster there, admitidly not even my girlfriend recognised me so that says something!

Anyway I wasbored so Ithought i'd post and see if anyone saw anything,

didn't hit the papers here in AZ. Wonder why? :biggrin2: Did you get a pic of the article????

Daily record

LOBSTERS, I DO DECLARE Aug 20 2004

A TOURIST bringing a taste of the Med back to Britain was caught at Heathrow Airport with two live lobsters in his luggage.

The smuggler had wrapped the creatures in wet tea towels in a bid to keep them from drying out.

Customs found a two-foot-long spiny lobster and a slipper lobster on the verge of death.

But they were yesterday recovering in the Sea Life centre in Weymouth, Dorset. Zoologist Angela Rackley said: 'They were a bit the worse for wear. But after a few hours in tanks, they perked up.'

The smuggler was released without being charged.

In the UK it is not illegal to import any species of marine invertebrate that is not on the CITES list. It seems to be asumed that anthing could get here from the med if it was able to survive the weather....

The problem was probably more to do with animal cruelty than anything else but as it is often really difficult to get the police to take ANY SORT of wildlife crime seriously I doubt a sea food platter got more than a few giggles!!!! :x :x :x :x

Re: In the press - UKers

Andy Lister said:
Afternoon, I just wanted to know if anyone saw me in the papers over the last week or so. If not then you should look harder! Made most of the nationals and the Underground's Metro!

Andy, consider it a blessing when 'they' miss an article/release. I'd have been crucified a long time ago if they'd picked up every one (or ... :goofysca: .... had seen every documentary - and there have been many; ja, plenty of E-grade O'Shea stuff out there that nobody has ever seen - stuff only 'mummy' has, dating back 20 years).

... been a few wrinkles develop over that time, mainly recently, courtesy TTF (# 1 culprit, but wouldn't want to miss a second of it), TPOTH and Matt (great ladz), and grey about to set in with Jason & Felipe ....

Steve O'Shea said:
Andy Lister said:

Andy, consider it a blessing when 'they' miss an article/release. I'd have been crucified a long time ago if they'd picked up every one (or ... :goofysca: .... had seen every documentary - and there have been many; ja, plenty of E-grade O'Shea stuff out there that nobody has ever seen - stuff only 'mummy' has, dating back 20 years).

... been a few wrinkles develop over that time, mainly recently, courtesy TTF (# 1 culprit, but wouldn't want to miss a second of it), TPOTH and Matt (great ladz), and grey about to set in with Jason & Felipe ....

I agree with what's his name above. Here comes some e-grade Jones material... Apparently I mumble on camera (he says quietly/discretely/mumbles) so we await the Discovery doco with a thrill of dread. Sigh, still I can only get better :roll:

a mumbling Matt Jones said:
... Apparently I mumble on camera ...

Plenty of opportunity to get over this in coming months!

Matt Jones said:
TPOTH said:
Steve O'Shea said:
a mumbling Matt Jones said:
... Apparently I mumble on camera ...

Plenty of opportunity to get over this in coming months!

*sigh*

TPOTH

You know, I only work with these people for the poppadums, well that, and perhaps the beer.

HUH???
Somedoby said beer?? Is it Friday yet? Beer o'clock yet?
*goes back to sleep*

TPOTH
--next life: sleepershark

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back