Impulse Octo Buy Journal

Jack_Lucas

Blue Ring
Registered
Hello all!

My name is Jack!

Been an aquarist for a long time. But after my divorce, i moved from florida to ny and left my 170 gallon and many other small aquariums behind...

for the past month ive been getting a small aquarium ready, no fish only 6 hermit crabs, some live sand, some live rock...

well today all that changed, I just received a baby octo! Its acclimating in the tank now, will probably only do a 45 min acclimation. Have the lights off...

any idea on the species?

Attachments

• conv_305465.jpg
    conv_305465.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 167
I've had a couple of little ones find their way to the sump but in most tanks I have a guard that fits into the bulkhead that precludes all but hatchlings from making the trip. One tank has a potential overflow problem if I use a normal guard and I failed to remember to block it once with a new small octo. Fortunately, I found Yeti alive in the sump but with arm damage from an exposed pump. Any dark place attracks them and I have even used white night lights over this particular tank's overflow to make the area less interesting.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back