• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

i'm new to this...

mbc362

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
i'm on a quiet floor, so there wont be too much partying. But you're probably right when you say they care more about the water spills though, since water damage can be expensive. Anyway, what does everyone else think about keeping an o. joubini in a 12-15 gal?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry, I think that's too small. They grow to be the size of a golf ball. We are recommending a 30 gallon. A 20 gallon would be the absolute minimum.

Why don't you have a small reef aquarium (a nano reef) so that you can get some salt water experience? I think you'd enjoy it.

Nancy

mbc362

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I've been looking at some pufferfish, and I think i'll try a figure eight puffer in the tank. However, it requires brackish water so i'm having trouble finding plants that could survive with it. Any suggestions?