• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Im loaded with babies!!!

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
Im so nervous, theres hundreds floating around, skimmer is shut off just in time last night. What do I do!?!? What to feed?! Im gonna get some video, im in a panicky rush here, I hope some live.

I tried the snow with both brine shrimp and baby seahorses and don't like it. It did not seem to feed anything and mucked up the water quality. Cyclop-eeze and Zooplex have much less effect on water quality and I know mine have eaten it because of the color of their poop.

Octavarium;119212 said:
I should go find some cyclopeeze tommorow then. Is it frozen cubes?

No, I have seen it in two forms. The form you are most likely to find is a red foil pack (the other is a very large block). When I bought it this way I would use a potato peeler and scrape it into the tank (now I buy the large block and break it up with a hammer :twisted:)

I have it in a small canister. it is freeze dried powder. You just have to make sure you submerse your pinch or else it likes to float on top.

Ugh, I visited all stores and came up with nothign but wafer and flake forms. Should I try crushing the flakes? I also bought some dam expensive frozen oyster eggs...should I try these? If not I can feed it to my corals in the other tank.

Octavarium,
Try finding the following arcticle:
"Rearing of Octopus vulgaris paralarvae: Present status, bottlenecks and trends"
as well as a search on Roger Villanueva
I have found several articles that have been helpful. My octopus has laid eggs and we are preparing for them. Your video was helpful. Keep us posted.
KDS

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back