• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Im In Hawaii what should i look for

well im vacationing in maui, and i am wondering what octo species to look for. i have already seen evidence of an octo den, but i couldent find the inhabitant.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I think blue rings can be found in Hawaii... we've had a few Haiwaiian members here in the past -- a search on "hawaii" would probably yield informative results...

Give Maui my best!

There are several species of octopus in hawaii but be careful because I think they have laws on collecting some of them. One animal you can find is euprymna they are found on shallow(1-3ft) sandy bottoms at night just shuffel your feet through the sand you should see them.