Illustrator, Voice actor, nerd - Vancouver BC

BTW, "Cthulhu on the Rampage" is awesome. It immediately reminded me of the inside jacket of Queen's News of the World, with the giant metallic robot wreaking havok. Yours is better. :cthulhu:

Re: Illustrator, Voice actor, nerd - Vancouver BC

Steve O'Shea said:
Toren said:
... my Lovecraftian rock band "The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets."

Do you do any Neil Diamond covers? This site is full of Diamond supporters, Sir Dr Ummmm.... for one, but none more avid than Tintenfisch (although she's presently in denial).

As an aside, that O'Shea guy is a complete and utter fruit loop with a foot fixation 8) . Nevertheless, he sends a hearty :welcome: to you too.

"full" you say? :wink:
Well, The Thickets have only done Police & Journey covers...but I'm just starting a side project and one of the gals in the band (who has become a squid fan ever since I showed her the 2 giant squid documentaries I had on tape) is a big Neil fan and wants us to do a cover of "Desiree".

krin said:
You mention "voice actor" in your subject line - I'm a voice chaser! (No, its not rude, I just follow voices through animations...) and have been chasing quite a few Vancouver voices, mainly the ones who work at Ocean Studios. I'm coming to Canada from Melbourne, Australia in November but due to lack of time will only be on the east coast.

Cheers, KRin

That's cool - I've worked with the guy who provides the voice for The Beast on X-Men: Evolution and I took acting lessons with the guy who did King Cryos on War Planets/Shadow Raiders, but that's pretty much it for anyone you might have heard of. It's a dream of mine to get onto a superhero cartoon, lately I've just been providing narration for English as a Second Language book CDs. I have yet to work at Ocean but I would jump at the chance.

I also am a voice chaser - I'm in the Frank Welker fan club and I keep tabs on what most of my favourite voice actors are up to these days!

Octoslave said:
Hey Toren,
I don't know if you remember me, but we traded e-mail's a while back. You might remember better through my artwork. You were trying to get some of my work involved in the Call of Cthulhu D20 a while back.
www.feverisland.com
Anyways I guess it's inevitable that we (tentacle obsessed) all find our way to this great site.
Mark

I do remember - your art is fab! Tonight I'm painting a 'deep one' for a new Call of Cthulhu card game, and I'd better get back to it...
Good to see you here!

Very nice drawing ! I don't know which side I am on with the whole N.Diamond thing...re:doing a cover. I suppose rehashing it to make it actually listenable would be interesting...could that be done?
Hmmm.
Don't worry, Dr. SOS, Shanlyn loves those cd's...finds them every time I hide them. Wish you had the same luck with that pesky poster! :wink:

Keep all that artwork coming ! Love seeing new stuff!
greg

Toren said:
krin said:
You mention "voice actor" in your subject line - I'm a voice chaser! (No, its not rude, I just follow voices through animations...) and have been chasing quite a few Vancouver voices, mainly the ones who work at Ocean Studios. I'm coming to Canada from Melbourne, Australia in November but due to lack of time will only be on the east coast.

Cheers, KRin

That's cool - I've worked with the guy who provides the voice for The Beast on X-Men: Evolution and I took acting lessons with the guy who did King Cryos on War Planets/Shadow Raiders, but that's pretty much it for anyone you might have heard of. It's a dream of mine to get onto a superhero cartoon, lately I've just been providing narration for English as a Second Language book CDs. I have yet to work at Ocean but I would jump at the chance.

I also am a voice chaser - I'm in the Frank Welker fan club and I keep tabs on what most of my favourite voice actors are up to these days!

I know the guy you mean - Scott McNeill? I watched all of Shadow Raiders as I'm big Paul Dobson fan (he did the rock guy). Darn, I'll have to go and look up the War Planets to get my people straight again.

KRin

No Neil Diamond

I have a bittersweet tale about going to karaoke last night, seeing a bunch of Neil Diamond songs on the list of choices and wanting to dedicate one to Steve, but realizing I don't actually know any of them.

So I had to settle for "Shout" (Tears for Fears) and "Daniel" (Elton John)

8)

I wonder how many times people have woken up with a hangover, lamenting, "I can't believe I sang Neil Diamond at Karoke last night." Probably a whole lot more than said, "Oh yeah, I sang Neil Diamond at Karoke last night, good for me!" :biggrin2:

Jury's still out on "Shout" and "Daniel"... :wink: :jester:

hi Toren & :welcome: to the CZ

is a big Neil fan and wants us to do a cover of "Desiree"
Neil Diamond is one of my fave topics after cephs locked in stone but isn't
"Desiree" a type of spud ?

"The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets" somehow reminds me of a talented local band "The Price of Doughnuts" (absolutely gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous young lady on warble) who's smash hit
" Ach so achso, das ist unmöglich aber wo ist mein Kügelschreiber Heinrich ?" sold 15 copies in BSE & it's surrounding ruralisation.

cover "Walk On By" in the Stranglers style & for the same duration,
post it here & I may knit you a special one off, unique, never to be repeated repeated, cardigan incorporating into the design Roger Whittaker
being eaten by a pack of Humboldt squid as he sinks into the abyssal depths to Davy Jones' locker :twisted:

Hi Toren, and Welcome to the forum where I get to make a fool of myself on a regular basis. :P

I really like your work (well, the stuff I've seen on your website at least).

As an ex-graphic designer/web designer it's nice to see someone else put Marine Biology into their work.

Welcome!

I've also just discovered this amazing community. Cool eh?

I was most excited to see that not only you were from Canada, but the beautiful West Coast. I'm moving out there soon...I NEED MOUNTAINS!

Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back