If I make a squid, which one should it be??

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Kat,

Nope, you're not going crazy. Humboldts are hook-less. My bad.

Erich

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Tintenfisch said:
I believe the only taxa with arm hooks are the Octopoteuthidae, Enoploteuthidae, Gonatidae, and Mesonychoteuthis. But :smile:

Oh don't forget the ancient belemnites, they all had arm hooks too....those poor unloved unsung heroes of the primitive coleoids!

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Kat,

My bad, first.

So, Pipsquek, instead of hooks you'll have to model sharp teeth ringing each of the suckers. Doesn't that sound like more fun?

:roll:

Clem

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
You could always go to the other end of the spectrum, and do a silver Loligo...or if an octo, an annealed copper and pewter Mimic...
but, then again, size does matter...
greg

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Phil,

HEY! I love them AND sing their praises! Or at least I think I do.... :confused:

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
Donnerboy said:
That is really good looking from what I can see.

I would love to get a bigger pic if you would send me one or post one up.

Thanks,
Will

No problem, I just don't know where to post it. I don't have a website yet, and I'm no so familiar with the capabilities of this site. I have LOTS of pictures of the construction as well as the finished piece, and a pretty long document describing the construction and stories that went a long with it. Give me email address or tell me how to put it up here.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
Clem said:
Kat,

My bad, first.

So, Pipsquek, instead of hooks you'll have to model sharp teeth ringing each of the suckers. Doesn't that sound like more fun?

:roll:

Clem

Sounds like a lawsuit if anyone ever got close to it. Got a picture of what one looks like.

pipsquek said:
No problem, I just don't know where to post it. I don't have a website yet, and I'm no so familiar with the capabilities of this site. I have LOTS of pictures of the construction as well as the finished piece, and a pretty long document describing the construction and stories that went a long with it. Give me email address or tell me how to put it up here.

Hi Jonathan

Maybe pictures of your whole construction process and the finished piece could go into one document, probably PDF, and be added to the articles.

Melissa