547.5 KB · Views: 159
  • conv_305230.png
    conv_305230.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 182
  • conv_305231.png
    conv_305231.png
    513.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever get that terrible feeling that something is wrong with one of them ? I almost want to pull the hiding spots out to make sure they are ok but I know I shouldn't so I'm not going to.

Welcome to new ceph syndrome. You never get over it! The first 2 weeks are the pins and needles time and, even after 20+ octos, I am never comfortable until that period has passed.

Upvote 0
We tossed in two of those three spot damsels today. I guess we will see how they last with the octopus. The two blue and yellow guys are doing great still. Maybe the tank will look like it actually has some life besides snails, crabs, and hermits. We also picked up a little snowflake eel for one of our other tanks, he's now living with our tube anemone and spiny boxfish puffer. Aka " miss piggy " we were told she would be hard to feed but loves ghost shrimp. And hasnt stopped eating for the past six months.

Upvote 0
Looked almost identical to the two I have except this one had a little more texture to his disguise mine seem to be a little more smooth skinned. I know they can change shape a bit to match surroundings. Owner of the store claims it was same as the one I bought from him two weeks ago.

Upvote 0
Indeed, they were probably shipped as the same Indonesian species (usually "bali" - which is not a species or even a clear common name). The collectors and wholesalers have not clue and the LSF can usually only go by what is on the package, especially with octopuses.

My most humerous LSF tale was finding a black feather star in the care of a local shop that just should NOT have saltwater tanks. These are delicate creatures and I felt the need to rescue it as it looked healthy enough to try. Initially he would not sell it to me as it was a "baby crown of thorns" and had eaten numerous corals in the tank he has set up for a customer (I'll not dwell on the fact that he set up the tank, dumped in the water and put in a full load of occupants on the same day :roll:) and it was going back to the wholesaler. I told him it was a feather star (and indeed that is what it was how the shipper had labeled it) and convinced him to sell it to me rather than have it die going back (I had to promise not to touch it). It did well for several years but I eventually lost it.

Upvote 0
They don't seem to be too bad they have one side of the tank to themselves and I add plenty of baby and adult brine and frozen mysis and sometimes cyclopeze in for them . If they seem to venture towards his area and " pester" him I will certainly take them out and put em in our nano or something

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back