I'd like to know if anyone here has info about the NRCC

the only requirement is for you to know how to swim. and you might want some sandals that will stay on your feet (not flip-flops). we practice every week day from 3:30 until 6, but no one can ever make it five days a week. Most people do 2 or 3 days a week.

So when would I sign up? Do you recruit at the New Student Confrence or during the year. My other problem is that I currently live in North Houston and have to commute every day to TAMUG, do you think this puts a kink in me trying out for the sail team?
:meso:

oh wow....houston... no dorm-living for you? My roommate lives about the same distance as you from galveston, but she's lived on campus every year (of course, she's in the Corps so she is required to live on campus). But if you do live close enough it does make it quite a bit cheaper not to have to pay for housing and meals on campus. Well, depending on how many hours you're taking, you might just find it easier to make just one trip from home to school and one back when all classes/activities are over with for the day. You can use the time in between classes in the library or in the dorm room of a friend to study or just hang out.

oh you'll see a group of sailing team member recruiting at some time or another. you can't miss them actually.

I planned on only making a couple trips a day. I wasn't able to get a dorm on campus and so my mom is like just stay with me, it'll be less than getting your own place. I don't know about that it's probably going to cost about $270 a month for gas. So I guess we'll see.

:meso:

Just a note, I believe that James Wood will be incummunicado for a while, as his ship ran into some difficulties on his trip to Bermuda.

Hi Colin,

I don't think it was the hurricane, altho I think it has been stormy; their engine died while they were sailing and they had to get it repaired. Last I heard they were on a waiting list to get the motor repaired in pensacola.

Saul

Hi Colin,

Well, James landed in Key West. Dunno if he'll be in communication soon or if he's travelling on to his new lab in Bermuda yet, but with that hurricane coming in now, who knows?

Saul

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back