I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be my Squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverarm

Blue Ring
Registered
My bimac arrived today from Octopets! I was quite surprised at how big it was. I think that it may have been another older discovery rather than one of the latest batch. I'd estimate about 1.5 inch mantle length.

I'm happy to say that it arrived safely and seemed impressively comfortable in it's new surroundings. As soon as it was released into the tank, it just wandered around exploring everything. Unfortunately, I had to go back to work after I got it situated, so I'll have to wait until I get home to see how it's settling in.

I managed to snap a couple of pics before I left. They'll be posted as soon as I can get them off the camera. I'm so excited, I just know that all of my free time for the next few days is going to be spent watching that tank!

The naming will have to wait until I can start to see a personality and get the chance to figure out which sex it is. I was going to name it Sushi, but I can already tell that it wouldn't fit. Ah well, I'm just overjoyed that it finally arrived. The rest will come in time.

"But goodness alone is never enough. A hard, cold wisdom is required, too, for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom invariably accomplishes evil."

-Stranger In A Strange Land

Great quote.. I'm definitely a Robert Heinlein fan too.. (I'm sure a good number of ceph-heads are sci-fi readers)
-Paul
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
-Thomas Paine

My brave little baby

I haven't seen her come out of her newly dug hole since she settled in there, but I noticed 2 clam shells that looked recently ripped open. It looks like someone's been sneaking in a midnight snack. :wink:

I'm thrilled to know that she's already started eating less than 12 hours after I got her home. Here's one of the pics I took just after her release into the tank...

0000q8pa

Awww....I love new babies!!! I was at That Pet Place in Pa this weekend and they had a petkeeper that "should have" had an octo in it, but alas....I was tooo late!!! Would have been a 2 octo household again!!!

Anyway best of luck! He's adorable!!!

Carol

I came home yesterday to find her halfway out of her den, looking around. I went back to moving furnature for a while (just got a new couch set), and when I checked in on her again, she was perched on a rock in the open. So we sat and watched each other for a while. :biggrin2:

I'm really amazed at how quickly she's adjusting to her new environment. She's keeping an eye on me while she decides just what to make of me, but it's more careful than fearful. I definitely need to find a strong and brave name for her.

Unfortunately, I didn't have access to a camera at the time. I'll have to wait until this weekend for more pictures. Perhaps she will be even more open and social by then. I'm so happy to finally have my bimac!

The perfect profile shot

0001a99x

I caught Cthylla on the descent from a jump off the wall.

She's eating from my hand now. In fact, she's becoming rather insistent about it. She'll grab my fingers with 2 arms and yank the food away with a 3rd, then keep tugging for a moment as if demanding more.

I've got 2 plastic cat toys (bell removed) floating around in the tank that she's shown no interest in, so I stuffed a frozen shrimp in one of them. That finally got her attention, at least until she'd finally managed to get the shrimp out of it. Rather than trying to yank the shrimp out, she pressed her mouth to one side, and then reached around through the other side and pressed it up against the hole. So she essentially ate the shrimp out of the ball. She's a silly bug, but I love her. :smile:

-Jared

Very good picture and glad to see that octo and friend are doing well :smile:
You should add that one to the gallery... what sort of size is Cthylla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back