I know its been threaded to death, but Giant squid finally seen! (rant included)

Urm, if you do, please, bring a flashlight and an entry level mobile phone to take pictures, totally de rigeur nowadays, high speed HD video is SO 2004...

Now, moving back to the original grounds for this thread, could anyone help me speculate on the nature of the white blotches on either side of the head of the Architeuthis photographed in attack mode? Keels? Part of the bait? The angle doesn't seem to support a view into the mantle cavity...

Wow, I'm no longer a larval mass!!!! (starts sobbing uncontrollably in humble gratitude)

chrono_war01 said:
do you think that they would scavange or target wounded sharks in search of a nice bug and easy meal?

Nope I reckon they would actively take the shark, wounded or otherwise! As far as I know squid don't scavenge........but who can say what we're going to find out as research carries on!!!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back