I just got Othee I.D needed - pic's

Do you have any info on where Othee came from? Guestimate on arms to mantle ratio? Guestimate on mantle size? Any eyespots, Any specific color changes? Nocturnal? Crypsis (body skin shape changing)?

Without anything more than the pictures, the arm to mantle ratio and general body type look aculeatus.

Upvote 0
I have no idea were it came from...
the body is small , arms at full length range from 5-6" , a little color change he is lighter
from what you see in the pic, he is light brown to dark , i don't think aculeatus because i had
one that died and it doesn't look like it at all , also the skin is different , it looks generally diffrent
and behavior is different.

Upvote 0
Clearer close-up pictures of just the mantle (top an side) could help, as who knows- it could be something totally different from elsewhere in the world. But those octos in the link you sent all look like they could be in Abdopus. This is a diverse group, and probably many non-aculeatus show up in the trade, so I wouldn't expect a perfect match. If the star-like pattern isn't there, then it could be nearing senescence. Given how smooth the skin looks this is possible. Do you see any skin projections (papillae)?

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back