I just got Othee 2 and 3 I.D needed - pic's

NOOOOOOOOOO! They cannot go in the same tank! So far the only type of octopus that people on TONMO have successfully kept more than one of together are O. mercatoris. Aculeatus absolutely do NOT live in groups, they will fight! How many tanks do you have? How big are they? The recommended is 50 gal for an aculeatus to have enough room for swimming. Congratulations, they do both look like aculeatus, my personal favorite. Look at the third right arm, if it is mostly kept curled up it's a good bet it's a boy. Even if you think you have a male/female combination, DO NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER!

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the info...ok ok i will not put them together but the problem now
is i need another tank for the other one , othee#2 is bigger than othee#3 he is
twice the size his head is about 3" actually along head compared to what i had befor
regarding the third arm i didn't notice in both of them i guess they are females if you notice anything
tell me ok...oh and i wanted to ask is it ok to put one with seahorses?
here is new pic's of othee #2#3 ,
there is a pic with both of them and you can notice the difference.
othee#2
ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs
othee#3
ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Upvote 0
People who keep octopuses have the best success when they keep one to a tank- a species specific tank. Other fish will get eaten, or aggressive fish can bite octo eyes and cause serious harm that leads to infection and death. There are non stinging corals, some starfish, brittlestars and "clean up" animals such as crabs and snails that are easily kept with octos. If you read through the journals you will find exceptions to the rule but it's less common. I don't imagine seahorses would make it with an inquisitive octo.

Do you have 3 octos now? How many tanks do you have and how big are they? It's strongly discouraged to put an octo in a new, uncycled tank! Is there any way you can find an established tank for your extra octopus, or someone (not me, I don't have room) who can keep it for you?

It's really hard to tell from pictures if you have a male of female. Watch them as they move around and see if they mostly hold the tip of the third arm curled up as they move about the tank.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back