I had a dream...

Sedusa

GPO
Registered
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! IÃ! IÃ! Cthulhu fhtagn!

and you can quote me on that.

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Tentacular! said:
Of course you know that Cthulhu is said to use dreams as his/her/its primary means of communication with worshipers.

That being the case, I believe I was contacted last night... had a dream in which a friend of mine wrote a lengthy, somewhat rambling but excellent poem, the final stanza of which described Cthulhu rampaging down the streets of some large hapless city, wreaking havoc (fire and brimstone, apocalypse, all that) and then the final line was something fantastic along the lines of "As Faulkner said, 'You won't need it in the afterlife'. "
... OK, maybe this only sounded brilliant to me in the wee hours of the morning (as dream inspirations tend to do) but I do wish I could remember the rest. It was great.
Even though I can't stand Faulkner (may :cthulhu: consume him and his entire body of literature). And I doubt he ever said that.

Iä!

Tintenfisch said:
Even though I can't stand Faulkner (may :cthulhu: consume him and his entire body of literature). And I doubt he ever said that.

Iä!

Hey, I liked LIGHT IN AUGUST! Of course, that's the only thing I ever read by him, and that was back in college around the time of the Peloponnesian Wars. Anyway, if he did say that, it would have been in Deep South rural dialect stream of consciousness with lots and lots of stark red earth bleak fertile rainy black white green grassy searing hot sweaty cornbreadscented adjectives....

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
TaningiaDanae said:
it would have been in Deep South rural dialect stream of consciousness

for the sound and fury, i hope hes being tormented somewhere for a long while....

very odd... had a dream a few nights ago where my family somehow how come into possession of lovecraft's house.... they were going to give it to me because no one else wanted it.... it was one of those realistic seeming dreams.... i only realized it was in a dream when i agreed to move to RI

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Well, last night I had a dream, My mom bought me a black vampyroteuthis and it was about 20cm swimming in my 2 foot freshwater tank. I gave it a crab but it didn't eat it, The next day it was ok then the dream moved to something else.

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Another dream I had sometime last week: I dreamt that I went to my usual marine LFS and they had tons of cuttles, I also saw cuttlefish with the colour of metasepia and the stalky eyes of a mimic octopus.

I don't really care for the meaning but just to share.

I had a dream a week or two ago where I went to my LFS and in the cichlid tank were a bunch of cichlid sized, cichlid colored cuttlefish, so I but some and put them in with Pudge but he ate them.