• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I got my briareus in today

Status
Not open for further replies.
marinerules said:
so are you colin , i just cringe when i see your name on my posts , i rather you just stay away form them

Not half as much as I do...

As TTF has pointed out, I cant stay away from your posts. We have tried and tried over the years to help you and freely offered as much advice as we possibly can. But nothing ever moves on for the positive.

It is partly our 'job' to help prevent people making preventable mistakes....

For any newish www.tonmo.com members I apologise if this seems hard and it is not a flaming... it is a very long running episode.

Remember the old www.reefs.org days Kirtis?

It goes way back to 2000 and 2001 with questions like...

'i have a 30 gallon , how big can my green brittle star get,,,,,,, also , i have a tomato clown and a snowflake eel,,, i am wanting a tang,,, is that too many fish in a 30 gallon?'

People have always offered you the best of advise and when its something you don't like or don't want to hear? well... you ignore it and animals keep dying. And THAT'S what makes me sad and despair at your posts.

Try using the 'Search' facility on reefs.org or reef central or even on this site and there is a catalogue of kind people who have given up their time to try and help you who end up giving up. But as long as you are posting on TONMO.com I will be here to moderate and to guide... even if it is to point out to people that this is the way NOT to do it!!!

You are not 17 anymore, that always used to be the excuse... what has changed? You are still ignoring sound advise, (and not just on this forum), you are still buying animals and these animals are still dying.

someone who gets bored with animals that are bought as pets and brought into their care should not keep pets regardless if it is a hamster or an octopus

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4291&highlight=&sid=a6b12e20b8532b545bd4895272f282fd

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33262&highlight=#33262

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33139&highlight=#33139

and on and on...

ok i dont care if i get kicked off or not , cause of you , but

how am i ignoring advice

i kep my octo alive for 6 plus months, and then i wanted to try another species, then i left these forums, cuase the oldre my octo got , he became very very active

the octopus was shipped in his jar cause the supplier said it was his home and he would always sleep in the jar at night,

you wanna flame someone who buys something , flame the collectors or divers who collect species that should be left in the ocean

nancy I thank you and the other members who have posted postivie comments, even though I may not have listened to them all the tim e,
at least you was respectful

marinerules said:
flame the collectors or divers who collect species that should be left in the ocean

If you don't approve of taking the species out of the ocean then why do you buy them? By buying them your just supporting those divers/collectors.

Also telling moderators to stay away from your post defeats the whole purpose of this website.

Ben

Doesn't happen often but this thread is now closed... nothing to be gained here by having it open.

Thanks to all who participated
regards
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back