I always wondered about this photo...

Clem said:
One day, Phil woke up and said, "It's time to vex TONMO, again."

Oh OK then, full image attached as requested.

Seriously, I'd like to hear the full background to those photos as Steve posted them over a year ago hinting that they were very exciting, but I don't think we had any follow up.
:sad:

Attachments

• conv_289054.jpg
    conv_289054.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58
In regards to the eye being allegedly tampered with in Photoshop, as an artist I know all too well that sometimes things in real life look fake. I get it from time to time when I draw something from a photo and someone points out how something doesn't look right, then I show them the photo where it looks exactly the same.

Not saying it's impossible that it was fudged, but my first impression is that it's not.

chrono_war01 said:
On a side note, wasn't there speculation of the eye manipulated by Photoshop or some other program of that sort?

I can confirm there's been no manipulation of that eye/image; this is the real thing.

Phil said:
Oh OK then, full image attached as requested.
LOL

I think that this image has been broadcast as part of a doco recently ... but I lent my copy to someone, who lent it to someone else, who on-lent it, then that was lent on, on lent, lented further and has now lented itself into oblivion. I'd have to post it in Supporters .... but I shouldn't, because it's not mine to post (I should ask the chappy who sent it to me if I can post it online; it was a grab from a high definition video sequence). Phil, your rendition is remarkably accurate ...

bigGdelta said:
Is it just me or does that eye creep yall out too?

Guess I'm just programmed to expect squid with round eyes.

Maybe if you drew some long luscious lashes on it that would help you sleep better?

Phil said:
Oh OK then, full image attached as requested
:shock:

I'm sorry, Phil. I didn't know the pics had already been posted and discussed.

Whatever it is, it looks...warty. The semi-dreaded Kondakovia?

Cheers,
Clem

Hmmmm, could be, the eyes are right, and it certainly isn't Onykia robsoni, by the looks of its fins, but it appears too stocky. Here's two pics for reference...

The mystery squid from the video stills looks like it's pining for the fjords when judged by the eye alone, but the fins do give off the impression of undulation...

Ob, where did you find these picture identified as robsoni? I've always seen it called Kondakovia longimana, and frankly, I'd be suspicious of either ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back