Hummelincki DOA

Tommycs

Wonderpus
Registered
I ordered a Hummelincki from reef scavengers a couple days ago. It arrived yesterday dead. Its mantle was about 1 1/4 inches and arm span of about 5 inches so it was most likely a juvenile. The water was fairly cold however I did not get a chance to record the temperature when it arrived, It felt like it was definitely under 70. the nitrite was 10 and the nitrate was 200. The PH was between 6 and 7. The water was very cloudy and smelly. It was in a bag within a bigger bag in a box. So there were no cold/hot packs in it, nor was there any sort of insulation. Here are the pictures and I should be getting a reshipment as soon as they get another in. Reef Scavengers was very helpful with assessing and treating the situation.

Attachments

• conv_303651.jpg
    conv_303651.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 114
  • conv_303652.jpg
    conv_303652.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 111
  • conv_303653.jpg
    conv_303653.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 121
  • conv_303654.jpg
    conv_303654.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
Ahh man that makes it way worse. Think of it this way your already had the experience getting over the lost. I just lost my first guy a week ago of age. It is the worst thing because you get so attached. At least you didnt know him.

RIP little hummy:angel:

To be honest it was a little more gross than it was sad. I never saw life in the little creature therefore I couldn't compare anything to his death. However none the less it was sad seeing such a great animal dead.

I see how it can be taken the wrong way. I think they are describing their product, not themselves. I hope that's the case anyway.

My Replacement octopus will be arriving tomorrow so I'll post pictures as soon as he arrives. They said it is even smaller than the previous.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back