Howdy!!!!!

Octowanabee

Cuttlefish
Registered
HEY

I AM QUIT NEW TO THIS OCTO THING BUT HOW IS IT GOING.. I AM HOPEING TO GET A TANK UP AND RUNNING SOME TIME SOON, AND START ON AN OCTIE. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY SPARE PARTS OR KNOW WERE I CAN GET A TANK THAT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED..

:smile: WANABEEOCTO

Octowanabee said:
HEY!!!!

Where is my welcome every one else got one :frown: :frown:
:welcome:

happy now? Jeez, some people are so impatient...:boohoo:
I'll leave tank advice to those in the know...

:welcome: Another Canadian!!! We've actually got quite a few members from your neck of the woods. Maybe you can Pm them and see what they've done for equipment etc!

Enjoy!!!

Carol

Howdy! and :welcome: to TONMO.com!!

Well if you're looking for a tank the perfect place to start would be at your LFS. Also check out the ceph care articles on the site

Hey doc,
i have no experince at all except ate an octopus once i am rilly just trying to get started.. i am looking into getting a tank soon and getting it stared on the 3 month + cycle. i have read lots and am rilly looking forward to an octo, but i no that there is alot in need to learn befor i go ahead with that. one questin taht i have is will a fresh water tank work for salt water?? i rilly appeciate your responces i need all the info i can get

Your humble admirer Octowanabee

Hi Octowanabee,

A freshwater tank MAY be OK. 1st it needs to be 50G or larger!!! and MOST IMPORTANTLY have never had any copper whatsoever in it. This includes medications containing copper. Copper is invariabley fatal in trace amounts to octopus and the stuff gets into the silicon sealer and is impossible to remove without removing all the silicon and rebuilding the tank. If you don't know I wouldn't risk it!

Cheers

Jean

Hi Octowanabee.

I personally don't have a pet octopus.....I'm much too busy to look after one properly (Have two dogs tho' :biggrin2:).

BUT I work at a public aquarium (for about 10-12 years now) and we have two species of octopus, Pinnoctopus cordiformis the common NZ octopus and Octopus warringa the Midget octopus, we also display the Bobtail squid Sepioloidea pacifica from time to time.

For the rest of the time I'm finishing a PhD on squid (which is why I don't have a life!!!!).

Cheers

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back